Gratitude is the gateway drug to happiness. Gratitude turns what you have into enough. But when I say practice I really mean practice. It's something we need to commit to, in all ways, always. Gratitude is so instrumental for healing. This is some of my favorite practices; 1. Keep a gratitude journal. Every morning or evening, write a list of what you're grateful for.
2. Whenever you feel grateful for anything, say Thanks out loud. Whether it's to a person, a thing or the universe, it enhances the feeling or experience of gratitude.
3. Take gratitude walks. Sometimes I go for walks with the sole intention of really feeling it, preferably with someone else so you don't feel weird saying it loud.
4. Dip in the thankfulness jacuzzi. Sometimes I just feel overwhelmed by gratitude and I take a dip in my thankfulness jacuzzi , I go all in, take it all in and feel my body flood with positive, warm, fuzzy gratitude.
5. Take the gratitude lift/ stairs. When I come home from work, taking the lift to my hotel room or the stairs to my apartment I focus on all the things I'm grateful for from the day, it elevates my mood for whatever the evening has to bring.
6. Start your day with gratitude. As soon as I wake up, before I open my eyes, I focus on gratitude. Usually I start by thanking my bed for supporting through the night, then moving on to all the other things that come to mind, big and small.
7. Tell people you're grateful. A lot of the time we think a lot of nice things, and we're grateful for the people in our lives without telling them. Tell them! All the time! These a just a few tips for getting your gratitude practice going. What are your favorite practices? Comment below!