One of my own biggest areas of growth right now is within boundaries. I'm not claiming, in any way, to be an expert on this, I just practice and try to improve it with time and experience. This is what I've learnt.
- Boundaries can be loving and kind
- Giving without boundaries is limitless and often confusing for the receiver
- Not having boundaries equals not taking full responsibility for your own life, well-being and sanity
- Weak boundaries often lead to bitterness and resentment ultimately hurting the one we wanted to help in the first place
- Judging, minimizing and accusing yourself for all the trouble in the world is not responsible
- No is a full sentence.
What are your greatest lessons on boundaries? Do you agree with mine?
With all my love,